All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat makes us react or feel the way we do? If you have ever asked yourself this question, then let John Medina take you on a tour of the fascinations and frustrations involved in the quest to understand the biological basis of human behavior. By describing the gap that exists between a human behavior and a human gene, this fascinating book seeks both to clarify and debunk ideas about the genetic roots of behavior, from the genes of divorce to the tendency to eat chocolate. Using Dante's The Divine Comedy as an organizing framework, The Genetic Infer explains each of the Seven Deadly Sins, but in terms of twentieth-century genes and brains. Written by a practising research scientist, this book is t for biologists, but for literature majors, business people, parents, and anyone interested in how our genes work to make us behave the way we do.
- Author BiographyDr John Medina is a molecular biologist on the faculty of the Department of Bioengineering at the University of Washington School of Medicine. He is also a consultant and regular columnist for an American psychiatric organization on the genetics and neurobiology of human behavior. In the course of his research career, which has included the isolation and characterization of genes involved in cardiovascular development, Dr Medina became concerned with the public communication of biological sciences to both lay and professional medical audiences. He was recently recognized as the Merrill Dow/Continuing Medical Education Teacher of the Year.
- Author(s)John J. Medina
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication07/09/2000
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note30 b/w illus.
- Weight650 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.95
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.