All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn ideal volume for lovers of Venice and architecture aficionados, combining in-depth history of this singular city with more than 100 color photographs and maps. Of Venice's many majestic spaces, ne is as evocative and significant as the Piazza San Marco. An authoritative account of the development of the entire piazza complex, through which unfolds the history of the Republic in general, The Genius of Venice celebrates the city's oldest and most important architectural site. Dial Parrott's view of Venice is a heroic one. From their lagoon, the bold and calculating Venetians forged a city that stands today t merely as an attraction for millions, but as a testament to architectural genius: the epitome of what we w call New Urbanism and a shining example of Western communal art. Enhanced by more than 100 illustrations, The Genius of Venice presents the magnificent edifices of the piazza as, in the words of John Ruskin, the living books of history of this iconic urban environment.
- Author BiographyDial Parrott is a graduate of Princeton University and the University of Virginia who has worked as a journalist, teacher, and lawyer. He lives in Connecticut.
- Author(s)Dial Parrott
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication03/09/2013
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRizzoli Ex Libris
- Content Note116 Colour
- Weight1520 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine36 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.