Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis table work poignantly explains how a tool of family history-gathering the gegram, or a basic family tree-can help us to better understand and mend family relationships and dynamics. Here, fully updated for the first time, Monica McGoldrick's book elaborates on the ways in which gegrams can reveal a family's history of estrangement, alliance, divorce, or suicide, exposing intergenerational patterns that prove more than coincidental. Weaving together photographs and gegrams of famous families-including the Kennedys, the Freuds, and the Fondas-she sheds light on a range of complex issues such as birth order and sibling rivalry, family myths and secrets, cultural differences, couple relationships, and the pivotal role of loss. In this important work, readers learn to mine previously untapped information about their own family patterns, leading to a reconnection to home and a deeper sense of identity. Originally published as You Can Go Home Again.
- Author BiographyMonica McGoldrick, M.A., M.S.W., Ph.D., is co-founder and director of the Multicultural Family Institute in Highland Park, New Jersey, and adjunct faculty at Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Her books include Ethnicity and Family Therapy, Third Edition, Genograms: Assessment and Intervention, Second Edition, The Expanded Family Life Cycle, Third Edition and The Genogram Journey.
- Author(s)Monica McGoldrick
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication09/05/2011
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Weight620 g
- Width157 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine25 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.89Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $50.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.