All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
About this product
- DescriptionIn The Geometry of Gecide, Bradley Campbell argues that gecide is best understood t as deviant behavior but as social control?a response to perceived deviant behavior on the part of victims. Using Donald Black's method of pure sociology, Campbell considers gecide in relation to three features of social life: diversity, inequality, and intimacy. Campbell applies his approach to five cases to attempt to explain an array of factors, including why gecide occurs and who participates. By situating gecide among these broader phemena, The Geometry of Gecide provides a vel and compelling explanation of gecide, while furthering our understanding of why humans have conflicts and why they respond to conflict as they do.
- Author BiographyBradley Campbell is Associate Professor of Sociology at California State University, Los Angeles, USA.
- Author(s)Bradley Campbell
- PublisherUniversity of Virginia Press
- Date of Publication29/10/2015
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleStudies in Pure Sociology
- Place of PublicationCharlottesville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Virginia Press
- Content Note4 tables
- Weight825 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.