Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $70.92
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionWhy is it easier for a woman to be a muse than to have one? Can one be fully creative in art or life without the inspiration of erotic love? These are the questions asked in <i>The Geometry of Love, </i> a vel set in New York in the 1980s, then fast-forwarding to Northern California 20 years later. Julia, an aspiring poet, is living with her British boyfriend Ben, a restrained professor at Princeton, when she has a chance meeting with Michael, a long-ago friend. A charismatic composer, Michael was once a catalyzing muse for her, but w returns as a destabilizing influence. Julia longs to become involved with Michael, but hesitates to give up the security of her relationship with Ben. When Michael signals he is too wounded to make a commitment, Julia turns her triangular situation into a square by setting him up with a cousin. In the process she discovers, as Pascal once said, that the heart has its reasons which reason does t kw. This deeply psychological tale explores the surprising ways we make romantic choices.
- Author BiographyJessica Levine s fiction, essays, poetry, and poetry translations have appeared in <i>Amarillo Bay, California Quarterly, The Cape Rock, decomP magazinE, Forge, Green Hills Literary Lantern, Poetry Northwest, North American Review, RiverSedge, The Southern Review</i>, <i>Spoon River Poetry Review, Willow Review</i>, and elsewhere. She earned her Ph.D. in English at the University of California, Berkeley. She is the author of <i>Delicate Pursuit: Literary Discretion in Henry James and Edith Wharton </i>(Routledge, 2002) and has translated three books from French and Italian into English. You can visit her at www.jessicalevine.com, where you will find links to some of her shorter works.
- Author(s)Jessica Levine
- PublisherShe Writes Press
- Date of Publication08/04/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintShe Writes Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight345 g
- Width154 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.