All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.67
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.43
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.51
About this product
- DescriptionDoes for microbiology what Dr Joe Schwarcz's Brain Fuel (Anchor, 2010) did for chemistry: informs and entertains with accessible mini-essays. Jason Tetro, author of The Germ Code (Doubleday, 2013, also available), is back with a very different book but the same message: microbes are amazing, they deserve our respect and we should learn to live with them in harmony.The Germ Files is a series of brief, brilliant essays, arranged into themes such as health, child care, sex and the environment.
- Author BiographyJASON TETRO is a microbiologist who has spent the last 25 years learning about the effect germs have on our lives. In 2007, he ventured out of the lab and into the TV studio for a Q&A news segment on CTV Ottawa as The Germ Guy. He has since broadcast and written for a wide range of media, including the <i>Toronto Star</i>, <i>Scientific American</i>, <i> The Huffington Post</i>, the CBC and his own blog. In 2011, he was awarded an honourary PhD in Social Media from Social Media University Global in recognition of his work to improve hand hygiene through social media using the hashtag #handhygiene, which has now been adopted by the World Health Organization. He lives in Toronto.
- Author(s)Jason Tetro
- PublisherRandom House Canada
- Date of Publication04/02/2016
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintDoubleday Canada
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight260 g
- Width130 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.