Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $36.05
About this product
- DescriptionThe literary legacy of Gertrude Stein (1874-1946) consists of numerous works in which the traditional restraints of language are abandoned for spontaneous and surprising expression. Her writings challenge the reader, yet also offer an inviting liberation, and because of this they have t only endured but proven highly influential. The Gertrude Stein Reader collects fifty one of Stein's poems, stories, portraits, and plays, along with excerpts from Matisse, Picasso, and Gertrude Stein with Two Shorter Stories; A Book Concluding with As a Wife Has a Cow, A Love Story; Geography and Plays; An Acquaintance with a Description; and Useful Kwledge. The extensive introduction provides a brief biography and explains the impact her work had on subsequent writers and artists.
- Author BiographyRichard Kostelanetz has authored and edited over fifty books, including John Cage: Writer, The Frank Zappa Companion: Four Decades of Commentary, and Writings on Glass: Essays, Interviews, Criticism. He lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Gertrude Stein,Richard Kostelanetz
- PublisherCooper Square Publishers Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication14/10/2002
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCooper Square Publishers Inc.,U.S.
- Content Note1
- Weight681 g
- Width154 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.