All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.98
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- Description<strong>Want to stop being held hostage by deadlines? Tired of seeing what truly matters rarely getting completed?</strong> Would you like to live a fuller life? One where you achieve results, have a rewarding personal life whilst nurturing your whole personal and professional being? The Grid can unlock the secret to success for you... Magdalena Bak-Maier, trained neuroscientist (PhD, Caltech), top coach and author of Get Productive! provocatively suggests that you can 'have it all'. In this her second book, Bak-Maier shows how to cultivate balance and truly thrive using her original, tested, creative and easy to master Grid system. The Grid is for you if you find yourself saying... <ul> - 'I work hard but feel I'm t getting anywhere.'
- 'I lack time for life outside my work (dating, hobbies, friends, holidays or family).' - 'My to-do list is never-ending.'
- 'I don't have energy for anything other than work and need weekends to recover.' - 'I'm settling for less because having it all seems unattainable.' Too many lives are skewed towards work, careers, care for others and neglect of self she says. What's even worse, many people hardly tice how out of balance their lives have become while they chase their tail, feel stressed, overwhelmed and unfulfilled. Bak-Maier makes a case for an attractive alternative using her tried and tested Grid method. This practical book sets out to help you transform your life by teaching you how to surf your energy so that instead of tiring and reacting to life, you continuously refuel your heart and mind to be the artist of it. The Grid shows you how to create results and success by engaging with key parts of life you choose to have. Once you start applying the Grid approach to your life, you will start to feel clear, inspired and energised. The Grid will help you balance your energy and effort in a way that restores you and helps you achieve more. With exercises to get you started, the Gridding process is your key to succeed, thrive and sustain yourself and others. The Grid is a useful approach for those who want results without burut and those in leadership roles who want to model good practice and create cultures grounded in wellbeing. Committed 'Gridders' find that they live more in tune with their values, act with integrity, achieve more and find time to be spontaneous and creative more often. Their confidence soars as they see the practical steps they take towards creating lives they truly want. In other words their heart and mind get on the same track and what's important gets done more often and better than what seems urgent. This book will show you how to take the same approach and make it your own to help you truly make time count.
- Author BiographyMagdalena Bak-Maier helps people connect heart and mind and live it. Magdalena is a talent developer, educator, researcher, author and the founder of Make Time Count, a company and eco-system devoted to empowering individuals and organisations to succeed and thrive. Her incisive models and tools have enabled a variety of teams (among them senior NASA engineers, CEOs and NHS Doctors) to challenge conventional thinking, tackle turbulence and complexity and deliver outstanding results, while learning how to nurture themselves and others. Her Get Productive Grid is a simple and proven holistic system to help people balance life and work and to excel. Grid is Magdalena's contribution to help transform the well-being agenda from government policy into personal practice. In the Grid, Magdalena Bak-Maier merges her extensive science training (PhD, Caltech) with many years of helping people get more out of their lives. She lives in London.
- Author(s)Magdalena Bak-Maier
- PublisherMagdalena Bak-Maier Make Time Count
- Date of Publication01/12/2015
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMagdalena Bak-Maier Make Time Count
- Content Note45 black and white illustrations
- Weight191 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Edited byVictoria Woodhall
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.