All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $44.08Trending at AU $51.53
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
About this product
- Description<b>Meet the Ghosts of Devils Lake</b> In this collection of true ghost tales, you'll discover a wide range of bone-chilling stories from the dark and dangerous waters of Devils Lake, North Dakota-where the spirits of Indian and pioneer settlers alike are forever bound to the land they loved. You'll meet the real men and women who still haunt the dusty trails they walked a century ago. You'll see them in the shadows of the wooded shore, and follow them across grassy prairie fields. In sixty carefully chosen and researched accounts, you will find: - Legendary stories of bravery and courage in the face of certain disaster - Lost souls, doomed to relive their tragic deaths - Vicious outlaws, condemned to repeat their crimes for all eternity - Pararmal places, including a mysterious Stairway to Hell - Supernatural creatures, like the ethereal <i>Canyo Tina</i> on the south shore You'll come to kw a wide range of fascinating people, including: - Lillian Wineman, the eccentric old woman who stayed with her belongings-even after all of her possessions were moved into a museum - The Ward Brothers, who were murdered on their homestead and forced to seek justice from the next world - The captain of the <i>Minnie H</i> steamboat, who still waits and watches for any travelers who need safe passage to the Other Side - A lost colony of suffering Jewish settlers and their children - The Dakota warriors drowned by the spirits of an angry lake <b>Corrine Kenner</b> is a Devils Lake native and the award-winning author of more than a dozen books on the pararmal. She has traveled the world studying the mysteries of life and death-and in this book, she offers a glimpse of the Great Beyond from spirits close to home.
- Author BiographyCorrine Kenner specializes in bringing metaphysical subjects down to earth. She's an award-winning writer who was raised on a farm near Devils Lake. Since then, she has traveled the world studying the mysteries of life and death. Corrine is the author of more than a dozen books on the paranormal, as well as the editor of four anthologies. Her books are available worldwide, and they've been translated into a dozen languages. Corrine herself has been a keynote speaker at international conferences and events in England, Canada, and across the United States. Corrine's father, Wayne Kenner, was a postal worker, and her mother, Carolyn Kenner, directed the Devils Lake childcare center. As a young adult, Corrine lived in Brazil, where she learned Portuguese, and Los Angeles, where she earned a bachelor's degree in philosophy from California State University. She is the mother of four girls, and she and her husband have homes in Devils Lake, North Dakota, and Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Author(s)Corrine Kenner
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication25/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectThe Paranormal
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.