All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $89.64Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $15.63Trending at AU $22.29
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $18.37
- AU $8.65Trending at AU $14.26
About this product
- DescriptionA story of cross-cultural love and redemption set in East Africa. Zachye Katura, tending cattle in the grasslands of Kaaro Karungi, and Michael Lacey, the child of missionaries, are happy in their childhood idyll. But the world around them is changing, propelling them towards tragedy. Haunted by grief and guilt, they grow up severed from their families and ancestral heritage. When they both fall in love with the same woman, they must each face their past and hear their ancestors, if they are to be the one to win her...The Ghosts of Eden is a gripping story of loss, infatuation, atonement and the inheritance of love. In a world where ancient ways of life and belief are being overwhelmed by the new, neither a bandit-soldier in the remnants of Idi Amin's army r a restless and detached surgeon can escape the memory of incent boyhood. The reader is drawn on to a moving deuement, where love and mortality are confronted. Two men; one woman: which one walks beside her on the shores of the Indian Ocean? The Ghosts of Eden will appeal to lovers of contemporary fiction and lovers of stories set in Africa.
- Author BiographyAndrew JH Sharp is an award-winning writer and a medical doctor. Based in the UK, he has worked in sub-Saharan Africa, where his novels are set. The first edition of The Ghosts of Edition was published by Picnic Publishing.
- Author(s)Andrew J. H. Sharp
- PublisherTroubador Publishing
- Date of Publication21/08/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLeicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.