All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAt 28,251 ft, K2 might be almost 800 ft shorter than Everest, but it's a far harder climb. In this definitive account, Mick Conefrey grippingly describes the early attempts to reach the summit and provides a fascinating exploration of the first ascent's complex legacy. From the drug-addicted occultist Aleister Crowley to Achille Compagni and Lindo Lacedelli, the Italian duo who finally made it to the summit, The Ghosts of K2 charts how a slew of great men became fixated on this legendary mountain. Through exclusive interviews with surviving team members and their families, and unrivalled access to diaries and letters that have been archived around the world, Conefrey evokes the true atmosphere of the Savage Mountain and explores why it remains the 'mountaineer's mountain', despite a history steeped in controversy and death. Wrought with tension, and populated by tragic heroes and eccentric dreamers, The Ghosts of K2 is a masterpiece of mountaineering literature.
- Author BiographyMick Conefrey is the author of Everest 1953, How to Climb Mont Blanc in a Skirt and The Adventurer's Handbook. An internationally recognized filmmaker, he has produced several BBC documentaries on mountaineering and exploration, including the prize-winning 'The Ghosts of K2'. He lives in Oxford.
- Author(s)Mick Conefrey
- PublisherOneworld Publications
- Date of Publication15/10/2015
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOneworld Publications
- Content Note8 colour plates
- Weight590 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.66
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.