All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHerbalists, naturopaths, plantspeople, witches, and natural healers will love the empowering information, engaging stories, and heartfelt meditations and rituals of natural herbal medicines in this book. Nominated as a Herbal Book of the Year by the International Herb Association, The Gift of Healing Herbs by well-respected urban herbalist Robin Rose Bennett offers readers who want to take charge of their health an immersion into a myriad ways to use plant-based remedies to care for themselves and others on physical, emotional, and spiritual levels. With more than 180 easy-to-follow recipes informed by the wisdom that physical and spiritual healing are inextricably intertwined, The Gift of Healing Herbs explores herbology as the people's medicine, freely available to all, and as a powerful yet gentle way to heal body, mind, heart, and soul. The book is divided into three parts: the first part examines health and the causes of illness; the second part comprises a reference of all the physical systems of the body and the common and t-so-common herbs for tonifying them; and the third part contains recipes for teas, brews, and instructions for incorporating herbs into our daily lives. The hundreds of recipes for herbal preparations in this book accompanied by prayers, meditations, and rituals offer spiritual and physical insights into the relationship between our body systems and the elements, Earth, Air, Fire and Water, thus helping the reader explore and experience the interconnection of all things in the web of life. Filled with personal stories, case histories, and elements of personal memoir, The Gift of Healing Herbs is equal parts inspiration and instruction drawn from the author's life and decades spent teaching and practicing herbal medicine in a spiritual, earth-based, ndogmatic style. The author explores how one's personal story turns into one's embodied physicality and ultimately reveals individual unique paths of healing for each reader.
- Author BiographyROBIN ROSE BENNETT is a compassionate, empowering herbalist and spiritual teacher. The focus of her healing work is to share the generosity of the earth and the magic, mystery, and beauty of the web of life. Since 1986 she has taught at schools, clinics, progressive and holistic organizations, herbal conferences, and is a repeat guest lecturer at Albert Einstein College of Medicine, St John's Hospital, Montefiore Teaching Hospital, Beth Israel's Nursing program, and Brown University Medical School. She is a faculty member of the New York Open Center and author of two meditation CDs. Bennett has a private consultation practice in New Jersey, offered on a sliding-scale, and an herbalist-in-residence teaching practice at a family medical practice in Bronx, NY. She is a long-time member of United Plant Savers and the Northeast Herbal Association. Robin writes regularly for Plant Healer Magazine and is proud to be a founding member and on the board of directors of SustainableWestMilford.org. Hundreds of apprentices have graduated from her 3-year, in-depth apprenticeship programs over the past 25 years and thousands of students have benefitted from her regular classes as well as free classes that she regularly offers in her town as a community service. The author lives in Hewitt, New Jersey.
- Author(s)Robin Rose Bennett
- PublisherNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication27/03/2014
- SubjectAlternative Therapies & Health
- Place of PublicationBerkeley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Content Note22 black and white illustrations
- Weight903 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine34 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.87
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $9.06Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
- AU $20.29Trending at AU $25.53
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.