All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $32.16
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $85.49
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $31.65
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.17
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $13.09
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.86
- AU $30.89Trending at AU $31.62
About this product
- Description<b><b> Fine, carefully wrought .. . reading this vel [is] a heartening experience. <b><b><i> The New York Times Book Review</i></b></b> Brelinski s page-turning debut is full of humor, insight, and imaginative sympathy. Think of it as the annunciation of a new talent. <i><b><i><i></i>The Wall Street Journal</i></b></i> A revelation. <b><i> Vanity Fair</i></b> [Brelinski] had readers hooked from page 1. <i> Elle</i><b>For Fans of Celeste Ng s<i>Everything I Never Told You</i>and Meg Wolitzer s<i>The Interestings</i>, an entrancing literary debut about religion, science, secrets, and the power and burden of family from recent Wallace Stegner Fellow Val Brelinski<b></b></b>Set in Arco, Idaho, in 1970, Val Brelinski s powerfully affecting first vel tells the story of three sisters: young Frances, gregarious and strong-willed Jory, and moral-minded Grace. Their father, Oren, is a respected member of the community and science professor at the local college. Yet their mother s depression and Grace s religious fervor threaten the seemingly perfect family, whose world is upended when Grace returns from a missionary trip to Mexico and discovers she s pregnant with she believes the child of God. Distraught, Oren sends Jory and Grace to an isolated home at the edge of the town. There, they prepare for the much-awaited arrival of the baby while building a makeshift family that includes an elderly eccentric neighbor and a tattooed social outcast who drives an ice cream truck. <i>The Girl Who Slept with God </i>is a literary achievement about a family s desperate need for truth, love, purity, and redemption.
- Author Biography<b>Val Brelinski</b> was born and raised in Nampa, Idaho, the daughter of devout evangelical Christians. She was a recent Wallace Stegner Fellow at Stanford, where she was also a Jones Lecturer in fiction writing. She received an MFA from the University of Virginia, and her writing has been published in <i>Vogue</i>, <i>More</i>, <i>VQR, </i>and <i>The Rumpus</i>. She lives in Northern California and teaches creative writing in Stanford University's Continuing Studies Program.
- Author(s)Val Brelinski
- Date of Publication04/08/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight590 g
- Width160 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.