Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
About this product
- Description'Even the worst calamity can be overcome, because life is stronger than war, and love is stronger than hate.' Nathalie Hartmann's memoir begins with an evocative and beautiful description of her childhood among the mists and swamps of eastern Poland. All too soon, though, come the unspeakable horrors of the Second World War, in which 18% of the Polish population perished, followed by the misery of life under communism. But life improves with a happy interlude in West Africa, and finally escape to the West. This moving book, written with an extraordinary memory for detail and the skill of a born raconteur, is the story of a brave woman who looks back from a serene old age on the twist and turns of a life full of both extraordinary hardship and great happiness.
- Author(s)Nathalie Hartmann
- PublisherNew Generation Publishing
- Date of Publication01/07/2005
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- ImprintNew Generation Publishing
- Weight745 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.