All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSet in 1897, Dorset, Harry and Matilda Thorpe hold a harvest supper to celebrate the Jubilee and are hoping to find a suitable match for their second son Tom. As landowner, philanthropist and Justice of the Peace, Tom's parents have high hopes for his future ambitions and want Tom to marry within the same class - aristocracy. Tall, tanned skin and handsome, Tom could have any girl but he is mesmerised when he meets auburn-haired Daisy, a teaching assistant and daughter of a pottery foreman, whose mother is a maid to Matilda. They soon fall for each other and find their only choice to continue their relationship is to meet in secret. With his brother missing, Tom has a duty to take a year-long trip to Alaska and bring him back home, but will he prevail and can his love for Daisy survive the test of time?
- Author BiographyValerie Maple, born in Wareham, Dorset in 1950. Married with grown children, she travels to many places around the globe. Her inspiration came from the Canadian Rockies and subsequent cruise to Alaska. Valerie enjoys time with her family, travel, quilting and reading. Living on the south coast, she enjoys being beside the sea.
- Author(s)Valerie Maple
- PublisherAustin Macauley Publishers
- Date of Publication30/11/2015
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAustin Macauley Publishers
- Weight277 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $20.42Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $23.42Trending at AU $26.51
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.01
- AU $56.62Trending at AU $60.36
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $15.93
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $11.95
- AU $19.09Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.