All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $27.08Trending at AU $27.59
- AU $11.52Trending at AU $12.86
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.70
- AU $23.07Trending at AU $30.79
- AU $30.03Trending at AU $31.27
- AU $10.86Trending at AU $13.96
- AU $29.95Trending at AU $38.59
About this product
- DescriptionYou kw Ruth s story. Now meet her in person. And prepare to be changed.Walk with Ruth as she travels from Moab to Bethlehem, certain of her calling, yet uncertain of her future. Hold Naomi s hand and watch love put the pieces of her broken life back together. And hang out with Boaz, their kinsman-redeemer, who blesses both women and hors God, big time.With best-selling author Liz Curtis Higgs by your side, you ll tarry in the corners of their ancient houses, listen to their conversations, and consider every word of every verse until you can say, I totally get the book of Ruth. And I see what God is trying to teach me through this rags-to-riches redemption story he has a plan for my life. Girl, does he ever!Think of it as time travel without gimmicks, gizmos, or a DeLorean: a vel approach to Bible study that leaps from past to present, gleaning timeless truths that speak to the heart.
- Author BiographyBiographyImagine a heartwarming Bible study wrapped inside a beautiful gift book: that's The Women of Christmas. the latest release from Liz Curtis Higgs. Verse by verse, Liz unpacks the biblical stories of Elizabeth, Mary, and Anna, who each welcome the Christ child into the world in a marvelous and miraculous way. Liz admits, My goal is simple: to help women embrace the grace of God with joy and abandon! In her best-selling series of Bad Girls of the Bible books and videos, Liz breathes new life into ancient tales about the most infamous--and intriguing--women in scriptural history, from Jezebel to Mary Magdalene. Biblically sound and cutting-edge fresh, these popular titles have helped more than one million women around the world experience God's grace anew. And, in The Girl's Still Got It, Liz offers a twenty-first century take on the book of Ruth, dishing out meat and milk, substance and style, in a highly readable, always entertaining, and deeply personal journey. Liz's award-winning historical novels, which transport the stories of Rebekah, Leah, Rachel, Dinah, Ruth, and Naomi to eighteenth-century Scotland, also invite readers to view these familiar biblical characters in a new light. According to Publishers Weekly, Higgs is a stickler for period authenticity. To that end, Liz has traveled sixteen times to Scotland, the setting for her novels, and has filled her shelves with nearly one thousand resource books about Scottish history and culture. Also a gifted professional speaker, Liz has presented more than 1,700 inspirational programs for audiences in all fifty United States and fourteen foreign countries. When the National Speakers Association honored her with the Council of Peers Award for Excellence, Liz became one of only 35 women in the world named to their CPAE-Speaker Hall of Fame. On the personal side, Liz is married to Bill Higgs, Ph.D., who serves as Director of Operations for her speaking and writing office. Liz and Bill enjoy their old Kentucky home, a nineteenth-century farmhouse in Louisville, and are the proud (and relieved) parents of two college grads. I have three abiding passions: encouraging my sisters in Christ, exploring the stories of women in the Bible, and writing novels set in Scotland of old. When I'm not traveling, speaking, or spinning a story, I connect with readers online, take copious photos, read historical novels, watch period films, and immerse myself in research--the more books, the merrier. I'm a lame housekeeper, a marginal cook, and a mediocre gardener, but home is still my favorite place to land.
- Author(s)Liz Curtis Higgs
- Date of Publication01/09/2015
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight181 g
- Width163 mm
- Height137 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Narrator(s)Liz Curtis Higgs
- Contained items statement6 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time431
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.