All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.89
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.36
About this product
- DescriptionIn her debut poetry collection The Glacier s Wake, Katy Didden attends to the large-scale tectonics of the natural world as she considers the sources and aftershocks of mortality, longing, and loss. A number of the poems in the collection are mologues in recurring voices specifically those of a glacier, a sycamore, and a wasp offering an inventive, prismatic approach to Didden s ambitious subject matter. As poet Scott Cairns says, Didden s is a capacious voice, able at once to deliver both wit and wonder, canny insight and meditative mystery. In The Glacier s Wake, the scientific, the elegiac, and the fantastical intertwine in the service of considering our human place constructive and destructive, powerful and impermanent amidst the massive shiftings that are occurring endlessly all around us.
- Author BiographyA Washington, D.C., native, Katy Didden holds degrees from Washington University, the University of Maryland, and the University of Missouri. Her poems have appeared widely in such publications as Best New Poets 2009, Crazyhorse, Ecotone, The Journal, Shenandoah, Smartish Pace, Image, The Kenyon Review, and Poetry. Former poetry editor for The Missouri Review, Didden currently lives in St. Louis, where she is a postdoctoral fellow at St. Louis University.
- Author(s)Katy Didden
- PublisherLouisiana State University Press
- Date of Publication22/04/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleLena-Miles Wever Todd Poetry
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLouisiana State University Press
- Weight136 g
- Width153 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.