All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
About this product
- DescriptionThe poems in Daniel Mark Epstein's eighth poetry collection range from the kind of solid and accomplished works for which he is kwn to astonishing pieces that are near-spiritual encounters. Always an assured poet, Epstein employs inventive rhythms to remarkable effect in these new poems, and it often seems as if the reader is t so much reading the poems as remembering them. And with the discovery each poem brings, there is a shock of recognition, as though these elusive yet essential ideas have been present all along. The Glass House is an amazing book -- wonderful in its evocations of nature, encouraging sometimes, often elegiac and even heartbreaking.
- Author BiographyOne of America's most versatile writers, Daniel Mark Epstein is a poet, biographer, and dramatist whose work has been widely published and performed. His writing has appeared in The Atlantic Monthly, The New Yorker, The New Republic, and many other magazines and anthologies. He is the author of seven prize-winning books of poetry and five highly acclaimed biographies, including The Lincolns: Portrait of a Marriage. His honors include the Rome Prize in 1978, a Guggenheim Fellowship in 1984, and an Academy Award in Literature from the American Academy of Arts and Letters in 2006. He lives in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Author(s)Daniel Mark Epstein
- PublisherLouisiana State University Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLouisiana State University Press
- Weight159 g
- Width226 mm
- Height157 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.