All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $33.19
About this product
- DescriptionCoal has been the world's fastest-growing energy source in absolute terms for over a decade. Coal also emits more CO2 than any other fossil fuel and contributes to serious air pollution problems in many regions of the world. If we hope to satisfy the demand for affordable energy in emerging ecomies while protecting the environment we need to develop a keen understanding of the market that supplies coal. This book offers an in-depth analysis of the key producers and consumers that will most influence coal production, transport, and use in the future. By exploring how countries such as China, India, Indonesia, Australia, and South Africa have developed their respective coal industries - and how these industries link together through the international coal trade - experts shed light on how the global coal market may evolve, and the ecomic and environmental implications. This book is the most comprehensive treatment of these topics to date and will appeal to a wide readership, including scholars and practitioners working on energy ecomics and policy.
- Author BiographyMark C. Thurber is Associate Director at the Program on Energy and Sustainable Development (PESD) at Stanford University, where he studies coal, natural gas, oil, electricity and carbon markets, as well as how to deliver energy to the poorest populations around the world. He teaches on energy markets and policy at Stanford University's Graduate School of Business. Richard K. Morse is an affiliated researcher at the Program on Energy and Sustainable Development (PESD) at Stanford University. He has published multiple articles and presented at major coal industry conferences on the operation of the global coal market, with a particular focus on China.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication20/07/2015
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note125 b/w illus. 80 tables
- Weight1130 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byMark C. Thurber,Richard K. Morse
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.