Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $40.19Trending at AU $43.08
About this product
- DescriptionSport has become a global business. There is corner of the Earth that isn't reached by coverage of global sporting mega-events such as the Olympics or the World Cup, events managed by international governing bodies such as the IOC and FIFA that operate like major international businesses. Companies such as Nike w design, produce, distribute and market their products across every continent, while an increasingly important part of every country's sport market is w international in terms of its influences and opportunities. This book is the first to examine the ecomics of contemporary sport using the global market as the primary unit of analysis. Starting with a survey of the changing nature of the sports market over the last hundred years, the book explores the difficulties of measuring the true scale and impact of the global sports ecomy, employing a wealth of empirical data to define and analyze the sports market and all its sub-sectors. In doing so, the book draws on case studies from the UK, Europe, North America and beyond. This book is essential reading for any student or professional with an interest in the ecomics of sport.
- Author BiographyChris Gratton is Professor of Sports Economics and Director of the Sport Industry Research Centre at Sheffield Hallam University, UK. Dongfeng Liu is Professor and Associate Dean at the School of Economics and Management, Shanghai University of Sport, China. Girish Ramchandani is Research Fellow in the Sport Industry Research Centre at Sheffield Hallam University, UK. Darryl Wilson is Senior Lecturer in Sport Business Management in the Faculty of Health and Wellbeing, Sheffield Hallam University, UK.
- Author(s)Chris Gratton,Darryl Wilson,Dongfeng Liu,Girish Ramchandani
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/06/2012
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note19 black & white tables
- Weight226 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.