All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionThe new edition of this award-winning volume reflects the latest events in the in global environmental politics and sustainable development while providing balanced coverage of the key institutions, environmental issues, treaties, and policies. The volume has been reorganized to better highlight global environmental institutions, major state and n-state actors, and includes an expanded set of cases such as climate change, biodiversity, hazardous chemicals, ozone layer depletion, nuclear energy and resource consumption. Based on reviewer feedback from faculty and students, the new edition broadens coverage of the growing global environmental agenda and explores the relationships between states, NGOs, and international organizations.
- Author BiographyRegina S. Axelrod is professor of political science and chair of the political science department at Adelphi University. She has published numerous articles and books on environmental and energy policy in the United Sates, the European Union, and Central Europe, including Environment, Energy, Public Policy: Toward a Rational Future and Conflict between Energy and Urban Environment. She has lectured at Charles University, Prague, and the University of Budapest on nuclear power and the transition to democracy. She is an academic associate of the Atlantic Council and past president of the New York Political Science Association. In 2007, she received a Fulbright Senior Specialist Award to lecture in the Czech Republic. She also received grants from the National Science Foundation, National Research Council, the Soros Foundation, the Ford Foundation, the Department of Energy, and the Environmental Protection Agency. Stacy D. VanDeveer is professor of political science and chair of the department at the University of New Hampshire. His research interests include global and regional environmental policymaking and its domestic impacts, comparative environmental politics, the connections between environmental and security issues, the roles of expertise in policymaking and the geopolitics of resource consumption. In addition to authoring and coauthoring over 75 articles, book chapters, working papers, and reports, he is the coeditor of Saving the Seas (1997), EU Enlargement and the Environment (2005), Changing Climates in North American Politics (2009), Transatlantic Environment and Energy Politics (2009), and Comparative Environmental Politics (2012), and co-author of forthcoming books on the European Union and the Environment and on Transnational Climate Change Governance.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication24/04/2014
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCQ Press
- Content Noteillustrations, maps
- Weight590 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byRegina S. Axelrod,Stacy D. VanDeveer
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $23.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.