All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExploit your offshore status to build a robust investment portfolio Most of the world's 200 million expats float in stormy seas. Few can contribute to their home country social programs. They're often forced to fend for themselves when they retire. The Global Expatriate's Guide to Investing is the world's only book showing expats how to build wealth overseas with index funds. Written by bestselling author, Andrew Hallam, it's a guide for everyone, matter where they are from. Warren Buffett says you should buy index funds. Nobel prize winners agree. But dangers lurk. Financial advisors overseas can be hungry wolves. They don't play by the same set of rules. They would rather earn whopping commissions than follow solid financial principles. The Global Expatriate's Guide To Investing shows how to avoid these jokers. It explains how to find an honest financial advisor: one that invests with index funds instead of commission paying windfalls. You don't want an advisor? Fair eugh. Hallam shows three cutting edge index fund strategies. He compares costs and services of different brokerages, whether in the U.S. or offshore. And he shows every nationality how to invest in the best products for them. Some people want stability. Some want strong growth. Others want a dash of both. This book also answers the following questions: How much money do I need to retire? How much should I be saving each month? What investments will give me both strong returns, and safety? The Global Expatriate's Guide To Investing also profiles real expats and their stories. It shows the mistakes and successes that they want others to learn from. It's a humorous book. And it demonstrates how you can make the best of your hard-earned money.
- Author BiographyANDREW HALLAM is a personal finance columnist, financial educator, and speaker. An expatriate since 2003, he is the author of Millionaire Teacher and writes columns for The Globe and Mail and for the U.S. based financial service company, AssetBuilder. He also contributes frequently to Canadian Business magazine, and was a nominated finalist for three national publishing awards for his articles in MoneySense magazine. Contact him at his website www.andrewhallam.com.
- Author(s)Andrew Hallam
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication23/12/2014
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight542 g
- Width161 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Foreword byScott Burns
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.06
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.