All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Global Film Book is an accessible and entertaining exploration of the development of film as global industry and art form, written especially for students and introducing readers to the rich and varied cinematic landscape beyond Hollywood. Highlighting areas of difference and similarity in film ecomies and audiences, as well as form, genre and narrative, this textbook considers a broad range of examples and up to date industry data from Europe, Africa, Asia, Australasia and Latin America. Author Roy Stafford combines detailed studies of indigeus film and television cultures with cross border, global and online entertainment operations, including examples from Nollywood to Korean Cinema, via televelas and Nordic crime drama. The Global Film Book demonstrates a number of contrasting models of contemporary production, distribution and consumption of film worldwide, charting and analysing the past, present and potential futures for film throughout the world. The book also provides students with: * a series of exploratory pathways into film culture worldwide * illuminating analyses and suggestions for further readings and viewing, alongside explanatory margin tes and case studies * a user friendly text design, featuring over 120 colour images * a dynamic and comprehensive blog, online at www.globalfilmstudies.com, providing updates and extensions of case studies in the book and analysis of the latest developments in global film issues.
- Author BiographyRoy Stafford has taught film in further, higher and adult education in the UK. He is now a freelance lecturer working in cinema-based film education. He is co-author of The Media Student's Book (5th edition, 2010) and has written widely on film including Understanding Audiences and the Film Industry (2007) and study guides on La haine (2000) and Seven Samurai (2001).
- Author(s)Roy Stafford
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/01/2014
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note9 black & white tables, 2 colour tables, 125 colour illustrations
- Weight839 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.