All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
About this product
- DescriptionFor everyone in the music industry-record labels, managers, music publishers, and the performers themselves-it is important to understand the world music marketplace and how it functions. Yet remarkably little has been written about the music business outside of the U.S. The Global Music Industry: Three Perspectives gives a concise overview of the issues facing everyone in the international music industry. Designed for an introductory course on music business, the book begins with an introduction to the field around the world, then focuses on global issues by region, from bootlegging and copyright to censorship and government support. It will be a standard resource for students, professionals, and musicians.
- Author BiographyArthur Bernstein is an American expatriate who lives near Liverpool. He teaches songwriting, guitar and music business classes at the Liverpool Institute of the Arts(UK). Naoki Sekine has a music business degree from New York University, and has translated several music business books into Japanese. He is the liason for Sony/Japan to seventeen Asian countries, including Indian, China, Singapore, Malaysia, and Korea. He recently wrote a forty page research paper on the Asian music business for UNESCO. Dick Weissman is the most published American author on the music business. He has written four books about the music industry. He taught for twelve years in the Music & Entertainment Industry program at the University of Colorado at Denver, was VP for the Music & Entertainment Industry Educators Association, and has a long-term career as a studio musician, recording artist, songwriter and record producer. His book The Music Industry; Career Opportunities, Self Defense, is currently in its 4th edition. He will be the general editor for the new Routledge series on The Music Business in the 21st Century..
- Author(s)Arthur Bernstein,Dick Weissman,Naoki Sekine
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/07/2007
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note31 black & white tables, 1 black & white halftones, 5 black & white line drawings
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.