All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionGrand narratives of globalization have frequently adopted a gender-neutral (and implicitly masculine) stance, while women typically are represented as pure victims of globalization, either coerced to migrate or limited to the local scale, mired in their bodies and familial relations. The Global and the Intimate seeks to push past this dichotomy to locate agency for women and to understand how deeply global forces penetrate the intimate spaces of our psyches and bodies.
- Author BiographyVictoria Rosner earned her Ph.D. in English at Columbia University before she became an assistant professor of English and the assistant director of Graduate Studies at Texas A & M University. Dr. Gerry Pratt teaches in the department of Geography at University of British Columbia and has been involved with several projects as diverse as investigating the experiences of Filipino youth who are re-united with their mothers after extended separation and the use of interior decoration by wealthy Vancouver women compared with those from the nouveau riche group.
- Author(s)Geraldine Pratt
- PublisherFeminist Press at The City University of New York
- Date of Publication06/06/2005
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Series TitleWomen's Studies Quarterly
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFeminist Press at The City University of New York
- Content Noteblack and white illustrations
- Weight725 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byVictoria Rosner
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.