Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $74.01Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
About this product
- DescriptionThe Globalization and Development Reader builds on the success of From Modernization to Globalization, published by the editors in 2000 and used around the world. It provides an up-to-date primer and key reference for students, scholars, and development practitioners wishing to get up to speed quickly on the issues surrounding social change and development in the Third World. * Includes carefully excerpted samples from both classic and contemporary writings. * Includes a general introduction to the field, and short, insightful section introductions.
- Author BiographyJ. Timmons Roberts is James Martin 21st Century School Professor in the Environmental Change Institute at the University of Oxford, and Professor of Sociology and former Director of the Program in Environmental Science and Policy at the College of William and Mary. His books include Chronicles from the Environmental Justice Frontline (with Melissa Toffolon-Weiss, 2001), Trouble in Paradise: Globalization and Environmental Crises in Latin America (with Nikki Thanos, 2003), and A Climate Of Injustice: Global Inequality, North-South Politics, and Climate Policy (with Bradley Parks, 2006). Amy Bellone Hite is Assistant Professor and Chairperson of the Department of Sociology at Xavier University in New Orleans, Louisiana, where she teaches Social Theory, Social Policy, Social Problems, Urban Sociology, and Comparative Sociology. She is coeditor of From Modernization to Globalization: Perspectives on Development and Social Change (Blackwell, 2000) with J. Timmons Roberts.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication14/12/2006
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content Note2 illustrations
- Weight1016 g
- Width186 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byAmy Bellone Hite,J. Timmons Roberts
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.