The Glorious First of June: Fleet Battle in the Reign of Terror by Sam Willis (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $30.19Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 17 Oct
- AU $16.15Free postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrance, early summer 1794. The French Revolution has been hijacked by the extreme Jacobins and is in the grip of The Terror. While the guillotine relentlessly takes the heads of incents, two vast French and British fleets meet in the mid-Atlantic following a week of skirmishing. After fierce fighting, both sides claim victory. In The Glorious First of June Sam Willis t only tells, with thrilling immediacy and masterly clarity, the story of an epic and complex battle, he also places it within the context of The Terror, the survival of the French Revolution and the growth of British sea-power.
- Author BiographyDr Sam Willis is one of the world's leading authorities on the sailing navy. He is an Honorary Fellow at the University of Exeter's Centre for Maritime Historical Studies and a Fellow of the Royal Historical Society. He is the author of several books on naval and maritime history including the highly successful Fighting Ships series. He lives in Exeter.
- Author(s)Sam Willis
- PublisherQuercus Publishing
- Date of Publication27/09/2012
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleHearts of Oak Trilogy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQuercus Publishing
- Content Note2 full-colour plate sections, maps and illustrations
- Weight526 g
- Width136 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.13
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.52
- AU $29.12Trending at AU $29.58
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.