All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- DescriptionThe expansion of human kwledge that springs from the inquiries of science can become a profound resource for our faith traditions. We need t choose between faith and reason as the rejection of reason often leads to a failure of faith. The high calling of the scientific community is to bring the realities of our universe into sharper focus. Our faith traditions enable us to discern meaning and understanding in our lives that cant be realized by examining facts alone. Both the kwledge we are gaining from science along with the deep insights that we gain from our faith stories provide light and encouragement for navigating our human journeys. The hope and compassion and embodiments of grace that we experience within our communities of faith and the new kwledge we discovered through explorations of our world, such as the w-famous discovery of the god particle, can come together to lead us toward a better understanding of ourselves and our world. We are learning that the universe, including ourselves, is a constellation of creative interdependence. There are isolated entities in the world, including our individual lives. The solitary individual is a fiction. Our relational lives are central to our being. A sustainable faith should engage our minds as a critical resource for sound belief. Every believer can become a thoughtful believer and every thoughtful person can find hope and insight for living from our stories of faith. Thinking and believing work together to enable us to live more fully enlightened lives.
- Author BiographyR. Kirby Godsey is the author of four books, including Is God a Christian? and When We Talk About God...Let's Be Honest. For twenty-seven years, he served as president of Mercer University, becoming chancellor in 2006. Godsey has earned doctorates in Theology (NOBTS) and Philosophy (Tulane).
- Author(s)Kirby R. Godsey
- PublisherMercer University Press
- Date of Publication30/08/2016
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationGeorgia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMercer University Press
- Weight272 g
- Width133 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.