All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.25
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.47
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.42
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.47
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.41
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.60
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.55
About this product
- DescriptionWhen electrical engineers Ryan McNear and Foster Reed coauthored two patents for company cash incentives, they thought it was all just a joke. One describes the soul as a software algorithm, and the other described the Big Bang as a power generator. But when the company crashes, McNear finds himself divorced, desperately hard up, and estranged from his son. As he rebuilds his life, McNear discovers Reed has used their nsensical patents to draw in top-tier energy investors. A patent war erupts, and McNear is suddenly immersed in a battle between hard science and evangelical religion. To prove himself, he will have to risk everything - his reputation, his livelihood, and even his sanity - to be with the son he loves and refuses to forget. Set in the age-old culture war between science and religion, The God Patent is a modern story that deftly blends scientific theory with one man's struggle to discover his soul.
- Author BiographyRansom Stephens is a former physics professor and fifth-generation Californian. After earning his PhD from the University of California-Santa Barbara, he taught at the University of Texas at Arlington and conducted cutting-edge research at high energy physics labs across the United States and Europe. He then moved into the high-tech arena, leaving academia to work for a wireless web start-up. He's now a science writer and high tech consultant living in Northern California's Wine country, though he prefers beer.
- Author(s)Ransom Stephens
- PublisherAmazon Publishing
- Date of Publication23/04/2013
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationSeattle
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight567 g
- Width140 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.