Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $17.71Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $14.81Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBen Peek's The Godless is the first in the Children Trilogy; an epic fantasy series with a gripping plot and unforgettable characters. The Gods have fallen but their powers live on ...Fifteen thousand years after the War of the Gods and their corpses w lie scattered across the world, slowly dying as men and women awake with strange powers that are derived from their bodies. While some see these powers as a gift - most call them a curse. When Ayae - a young cartographer's apprentice in the city of Mireea - is trapped in a burning building, she is terrified as a dormant power comes to life within her. The flames destroy everything around her but she remains unscathed - fire cant touch her. This curse makes her a target for the army marching on her home - an army determined to reclaim the body of the god Ger, who lies dying beneath the city, and harness his power for themselves. Zaifyr, a man adorned in ancient charms, also arrives in Mireea. His arrival draws the attention of two of the 'children of the gods', Fo and Bau, powerful, centuries-old beings who consider themselves immortal. All three will offer different visions for Ayae's powers - and whatever choice she makes will result in new enemies. Meanwhile, as the army approaches ever closer to Mireea, the saboteur Bueralan and Dark, his mercenary group, look to infiltrate and learn its weaknesses. Alone in a humid, dangerous land, they find themselves witness to rites so appalling they realize it would take the Gods themselves to halt the enemy's attack - and even they may t be eugh.
- Author BiographyBen Peek is the critically acclaimed author of The Godless and three previous novels Black Sheep, Twenty-Six Lies/One Truth, and Above/Below, co-written with Stephanie Campisi. He has also written a short story collection, Dead Americans. In addition to this, Peek is the creator of the short-lived psychogeography pamphlet,The Urban Sprawl Project. With the artist Anna Brown, he created the autobiographical comic Nowhere Near Savannah. He currently lives in Sydney with his partner, the photographer Nikilyn Nevins, and their cat, Lily.
- PrizesShortlisted for David Gemmell Morningstar Award 2015.
- Author(s)Ben Peek
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication12/02/2015
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleChildren
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight451 g
- Width131 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain Market Ed.
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $14.24Trending at AU $14.43
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $72.58Trending at AU $75.11
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $14.94Trending at AU $19.85
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.19Trending at AU $24.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.