All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSet in Paris during the years of the Reign of Terror, The Gods Want Blood centres on the rise to power of the Jacobin sympathizer Evariste Gamelin, a young painter who becomes a juror on a local Revolutionary tribunal. Caught up in the bloodthirsty madness surrounding him, he helps to dispense cruel justice in the name of his ideals, while at the same time succumbing to his own petty instincts of revenge when he jealously pursues a rival for the affections of his lover Elodie.
- Author BiographyThe son of a Parisian bookseller, Anatole France (1844 - 1924) became one of the most successful novelists and most famous men of letters of his time, winning the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1921.
- Author(s)Anatole France
- PublisherAlma Books Ltd
- Date of Publication29/08/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationRichmond
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAlma Classics
- Weight272 g
- Width130 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Translated byDouglas Parmee
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.04
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.25
- AU $11.56Trending at AU $16.34
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $11.47Trending at AU $14.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.