Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.63
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $71.20
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $114.18
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.73
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.35
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $18.69
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.47
About this product
- DescriptionThe Gold Pia tells the story of Emerson Wainwright, a young man whose idyllic life in a small North Carolina town is turned upside down after his father is caught on videotape in a homosexual act at the county hospital. To escape from his hometown and its painful memories, Emerson enrolls at an under-funded historically black college a hundred miles away, attending on a mirity grant. As the only white student living on campus, he struggles with his loneliness and his role as an outsider. His relationship with his roommate, a black activist from Brooklyn, is challenged when Emerson begins to fall in love with Zena, a gifted black artist. The vel's final scenes bring a quiet but hopeful sense of resolution to Emerson's quest to define himself and find his place in the world.
- Author BiographyStephen March lived in Elizabeth City, North Carolina, USA, until his recent death. An accomplished musician and songwriter, he authored a number of books of fiction, among them the novel Hatteras Moon (2013) and a collection of stories, Tell Him You Saw Me. Armadillo won the TRP Clay Reynolds Novella Prize in 2002.
- Author(s)Stephen March
- PublisherTexas Review Press
- Date of Publication30/01/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationHuntsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTexas Review Press
- Weight404 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.