Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.50
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.88
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.33
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.11
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.86
About this product
- DescriptionRelihan uses alliteration and assonance, rhythm and rhyme, the occasional archaism, the rare neologism, and devices of punctuation and typography, to create a sparkling, luxurious, and readable translation that reproduces something of the linguistic and comic effects of the original Latin. The general Introduction is a masterpiece of clarity, orienting the reader in matters of authorship, narration, genre, religion, structure and style. A generous and browsable index, select bibliography, and maps are included.
- Author BiographyJoel C. Relihan is Professor of Classics, Wheaton College, Norton, Massachusetts.
- PublisherHackett Publishing Co, Inc
- Date of Publication15/09/2007
- SubjectFiction Companions
- Place of PublicationCambridge, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHackett Publishing Co, Inc
- Content Notemaps
- Weight486 g
- Width9 mm
- Height215 mm
- Translated byJoel C. Relihan
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.