Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionThe Prince had always liked his London, when it had come to him; he was one of the modern Romans who find by the Thames a more convincing image of the truth of the ancient state than any they have left by the Tiber. Brought up on the legend of the City to which the world paid tribute, he recognised in the present London much more than in contemporary Rome the real dimensions of such a case. If it was a question of an Imperium, he said to himself, and if one wished, as a Roman, to recover a little the sense of that, the place to do so was on London Bridge, or even, on a fine afteron in May, at Hyde Park Corner.
- Author(s)Henry James,Jr.
- Publisher1st World Library
- Date of Publication15/07/2007
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Imprint1st World Library
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight839 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byHenry James
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Trade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound,Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.