All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionWhen their teacher goes missing during an outing, eleven girls grapple with the aftermath in this haunting, exquisitely told psychological thriller. The Vietnam War rages overseas but back home, in a year that begins with the hanging of one man and ends with the drowning of ather, eleven schoolgirls embrace their own chilling history when their teacher abruptly goes missing during a school outing. Who was the mysterious poet they had met in the garden? What actually happened in the seaside cave that day? And most important - who can they tell about it? In beautifully crafted prose that shimmers and fades, Ursula Dubosarsky reveals how a single shared experience can alter the course of young lives for ever. Part gripping thriller, part ethereal tale of incence lost, The Golden Day is a poignant study of fear and friendship, and of what it takes to come of age with courage.
- Author BiographyUrsula Dubosarsky is an award-winning author of numerous books for children and young adults. About The Golden Day, her first book for Walker, she says, The little girls watch, wonder, respond, change and grow -and then they're gone, for ever. This element of the story, I suppose, is at least partly autobiographical. But, as I say - all of our teachers come home safe and sound in the end. Ursula lives in Australia.
- Author(s)Ursula Dubosarsky
- PublisherWalker Books Ltd
- Date of Publication06/03/2014
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWalker Books Ltd
- Weight135 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.