All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents a behind-the-scenes look at how Floyd Scholz creates one of his most ambitious pieces-a life-size golden eagle in flight. Beautiful colour photos document the carving's progression from a block of wood to a finished work of art. The accompanying text offers how-to information as well as Scholz's thoughts as he works on the carving. It includes preliminary sketches and tes, candid studio shots, work-in-progress images, corrections, and journal entries. It provides a unique look at the creative process that will inspire carvers, artists, and bird-lovers alike.
- Author BiographyA professional artist since 1983, Floyd Scholz is one of the preeminent bird carvers and painters in the world. Now in his 45th year of carving, he is also the author of five award-winning books on the art form. Floyd's in-depth knowledge of birds, especially raptors, has enabled him to inspire a whole generation of wildfowl carvers and artists. He shares his love of birds and passion for art with his students at the Vermont Raptor Academy in Bennington. He splits his time between Vermont and Florida.
- Author(s)Floyd Scholz
- PublisherStackpole Books
- Date of Publication31/05/2007
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationMechanicsburg, PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStackpole Books
- Content Note175 colour photos
- Weight757 g
- Width285 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.