All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFarmer Skint has luck on his farm until one day his goose lays a golden egg, which hatches out into a golden gosling. From that moment on, Farmer Skint is a lucky man. As the bird gets older, her golden feathers turn to ordinary white, but the first egg she lays is a golden one.
- Author BiographyDick King-Smith served in the Grenadier Guards during the Second World War, and afterwards spent twenty years as a farmer in Gloucestershire, the county of his birth. Many of his stories are inspired by his farming experiences. Later he taught at a village primary school. His first book, The Fox Busters, was published in 1978. He wrote a great number of children's books, including The Sheep-Pig (winner of the Guardian Award and filmed as Babe), Harry's Mad, Noah's Brother, The Hodgeheg, Martin's Mice, Ace, The Cuckoo Child and Harriet's Hare (winner of the Children's Book Award in 1995). At the British Book Awards in 1991 he was voted Children's Author of the Year. In 2009 he was made OBE for services to children's literature. Dick King-Smith died in 2011 at the age of eighty-eight.
- Author(s)Dick King-Smith
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication05/08/2010
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight106 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 7
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $89.29Trending at AU $101.91
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $16.56
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $13.65
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.91
- AU $5.95Trending at AU $6.02
- AU $8.43Trending at AU $10.71
- AU $11.83Trending at AU $17.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.