All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAfter the success of Grain (shortlisted for the Griffin Poetry Prize, poetry's most prestigious international award) John Glenday returns with The Golden Mean. Glenday's poetry - once something of a closely guarded secret - w has many devotees, and this new book shows why: Glenday's mastery of the short translucent lyric and his unashamed and direct concern with matters of the spirit, of love, of human nature and natural law - means he can often read as a Spanish or East European poet in immaculate translation. But for all its apparently weightless and aerodynamic grace, Glenday's poetry can be playful, experimental and occasionally even surreal, and his voice local and intimate. The Golden Mean shows Glenday's full range, and a poet at the height of his imaginative powers.
- Author BiographyJohn Glenday was born in Broughty Ferry in 1952. His first collection, The Apple Ghost, won a Scottish Arts Council Book Award and his second, Undark, was a Poetry Book Society Recommendation. Grain was shortlisted for the Griffin Poetry Prize and the Ted Hughes Award.
- Author(s)John Glenday
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication10/09/2015
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight136 g
- Width155 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edition StatementMain Market Ed.
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.