All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn The Golden Moments of Paris, John Baxter uncovers fascinating true stories about the characters that gave Paris its character in the years between World War I and World War II. Explore one of the world s most beautiful and loved cities in 26 fact-filled, humorous, and dramatic stories about the famed Annees Folles the Crazy Years at the turn of the 20th century in Paris. Learn about Gertrude Stein and her famous writers salon, Salvador Dali and the Surrealists, the birth of Chanel No. 5, and the antics of Ernest Hemingway, F. Scott Fitzgerald, and the lost generation. Then see what these areas look like today by following along on the guided walking tours of Paris s historic neighborhoods and the cafes, clubs, and brothels that were home to the intellectuals, artists, and Bohemians, illustrated with color photographs and period maps.
- Author BiographyJohn Baxter is an Australian born writer, journalist, and filmmaker but has called Paris home since 1989. He is the author of numerous books, including Chronicles of Old Paris; Immoveable Feast: A Paris Christmas; The Most Beautiful Walk in the World: A Pedestrian in Paris; and We ll Always Have Paris: Sex and Love in the City of Light.
- Author(s)John Baxter
- PublisherMuseyon Guides
- Date of Publication04/04/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMuseyon Guides
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, maps
- Weight431 g
- Width134 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.66
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.