All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSome single, simple things, like mustard, have a wealth of history and a path of stories, usually kwn only to a few...Even if you don't think you're interested in mustard, after reading this delightful book, you will be! --Deborah Madison, The Savory Way The sharp, bright taste of mustard has been used to enhance food for centuries, and all the varieties--from the classic yellow French's and the traditional Dijon to the more exotic flavored mustards--are widely available to home cooks everywhere. The Good Cook's Book of Mustard, an installment in the expertly researched and newly updated culinary series of the Good Cook's Books, t only explains the history of this versatile condiment, but also shows how to use it to add flavor to your meals. Here, you will find a comprehensive collection of imaginative sauces, appetizers, salads, soups, main courses, condiments, and even desserts, as well as a section devoted to the process of making mustards at home. Recipes include: Rock Shrimp with Remoulade Sauce Cream of Mustard Soup Grilled Tuna with Black Bean, Pineapple, and Serra-Cilantro Mustard Pork Loin with Apricot-Mustard Glaze Chickpea Salad with Mustard-Anchovy Vinaigrette Spicy Toasted Pecans And more Skyhorse Publishing, along our Good Books and Arcade imprints, is proud to publish a broad range of cookbooks, including books on juicing, grilling, baking, frying, home brewing and winemaking, slow cookers, and cast iron cooking. We've been successful with books on gluten-free cooking, vegetarian and vegan cooking, paleo, raw foods, and more. Our list includes French cooking, Swedish cooking, Austrian and German cooking, Cajun cooking, as well as books on jerky, canning and preserving, peanut butter, meatballs, oil and vinegar, bone broth, and more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyMichele Anna Jordan has written nearly twenty books about food, including the highly acclaimed Vinaigrettes and Other Dressings and More Than Meatballs. She has received numerous awards, including a James Beard Award, for her writing, her radio show, and her work as a chef. Today, she writes for the Santa Rosa Press Democrat and also produces and hosts Mouthful, the Wine Country's Most Delicious Hour on KRCB-FM. She resides in San Francisco, California.
- Author(s)Michele Anna Jordan
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication21/05/2015
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content Note30 color photos
- Weight785 g
- Width152 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Photographer(s)Liza Gershman
- Foreword byMadeleine Kamman
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.08Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.