All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionImproving soil health for more successful gardening. In The Good Dirt, landscape designer Xanthe White digs beneath the surface to reveal the secrets to successful gardening. As the title suggests, this book is all about the soil we find in our garden and more particularly how we can maximize its growing potential. If you've ever wondered why some plants thrive in one location but struggle in your own backyard you'll be likely to find explanations in the soil below. Xanthe White examines the five main soil types found in New Zealand and offers advice on how to get the best from each one by working in harmony with nature. Complete with ingredients guides for each soil type and ideas and design features to enhance its fertility, this is an essential companion for anyone looking to establish a new garden or improve their existing one.
- Author BiographyXanthe White is a well-known Auckland landscape designer who has had many major commissions during her career to date. Xanthe is the author of Organic Vegetable Gardening, The Natural Garden and The Good Dirt and writes regular columns for NZ Listener, NZ Gardener and Taste. She also appears frequently on radio and television.
- Author(s)Xanthe White
- PublisherRandom House New Zealand Ltd
- Date of Publication19/09/2016
- Place of PublicationAuckland
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- First Published2016
- ImprintRandom House New Zealand Ltd
- Weight726 g
- Width186 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.