All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGehring's books on country living have sold more than 500,000 copies. In this book, Gehring offers a guide to country living skills that is as charming as it is practical. Full of sweet illustrations and gorgeous photographs, step-by-step instructions for essential skills such as building a chicken coop are interspersed with country lore and old-fashioned tips and tricks. Readers will learn how to: Raise chickens Make candles Churn butter Grow vegetables Make jams and jellies Dry herbs Ferment vegetables Make cheese And more! Good Living Guide to Country Skills combines the kw-how of Back to Basics with the charm of The Farmer's Almanac. Packaged in an attractive hardcover format and with a price that's hard to beat, this is the perfect gift for anyone interested in a more self-sufficient, greener, country lifestyle.
- Author BiographyAbigail R. Gehring is the author or editor of more than a dozen books including Back to Basics, Homesteading, and The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Country Living. She's practiced living self-sufficiently since her childhood in Vermont, being home-schooled, home-canning jams and jellies, and enjoying natural crafts. She and her husband Tim are in the process of restoring an 1800s farmstead in Marlboro, Vermont.
- Author(s)Abigail R. Gehring
- PublisherGood Books
- Date of Publication12/07/2016
- SubjectSelf Improvement: General
- Place of PublicationMelksham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGood Books
- Content NoteColor photos throughout
- Weight614 g
- Width152 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.