Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionGood drinkers, bad swimmers and unlikely heroes. Since the nation's birth in 1901, twenty-seven politicians have sat in Australia's driving seat. Their time at the top has ranged from eight days for Frank Forde to eighteen years for Bob Menzies. Whatever the length of their term, each prime minister has a story worth sharing. Edmund Barton united the bickering states in a federation; Billy Hughes knocked US president Woodrow Wilson down a peg or two. The unlucky Jimmy Scullin took office days before Wall Street crashed into the Great Depression, while John Curtin admirably rose to the challenge of wartime leadership. The much-loved Ben Chifley refused to wear a dinner suit to meet the king, and Jolly John Gorton's partying lost him the job. With characteristic wit and expert political knowledge, Mungo MacCallum brings the nation's leaders to life on the page. The Good, the Bad and the Unlikely tells the fascinating tales of the men and woman who've had a fair crack at running the country. It is a wonderfully entertaining education. Author Biography: Mungo MacCallum has long been one of Australia's most influential and entertaining political journalists, in a career spanning more than four decades. His books include the bestselling Mungo: The Man Who Laughs, Run Johnny Run: The Story of the 2004 Election and Poll Dancing: The Story of the 2007 Election.
- Author BiographyMungo MacCallum has long been one of Australia's most influential and entertaining political journalists, in a career spanning more than four decades. His books include the bestselling Mungo: The Man Who Laughs, Run Johnny Run: The Story of the 2004 Election and Poll Dancing: The Story of the 2007 Election.
- Author(s)Mungo MacCallum
- PublisherBlack Inc.
- Date of Publication03/01/2012
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintBlack Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight321 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.