CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionContributors include: Rick Warren, David Cook, Vishal Mangalwadi, Joseph Pearce, David Dockery, Richard Lloyd-Morgan, James Jones, Frederica Mathewes-Green, Ben Patterson, Donald Drew, Nigel Goodwin, Harry Lee Poe, and Rebecca Whitten Poe. To a world and church consumed by the negative, by the truth as presented by spin doctors, and by the ugly come the words of Philippians 4:8, admonishing us to concentrate on the true, the ble, the lovely, the pure, the excellent...In The Good, the True, and the Beautiful, more than a dozen preachers and scholars from a variety of traditions and backgrounds offer their thoughts on this ancient instruction, other biblical passages, and the writings of C.S. Lewis. Editor Harry Lee Poe contributes a poem to each meditation, providing the reader yet ather means of embodying the meaning of truth, beauty, and the goodness.
- Author BiographyHarry Lee Poe holds the Charles Colson Chair of Faith and Culture at Union University in Jackson, Tennessee. He has served on several boards including acting as program director for the triennial C. S. Lewis Summer Institute in Oxford and Cambridge. He is the author of many books and articles, including The Good, the True, and the Beautiful; See No Evil, The Gospel and Its Meaning; and Christianity in the Academy. Rebecca Whitten Poe is a student at Union University and coeditor of C. S. Lewis Remembered: Collected Reflections of Students, Friends, and Colleagues.
- PublisherChalice Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationSaint Louis, MO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChalice Press
- Weight204 g
- Width137 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byDr Harry Poe,Rebecca Poe
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.