All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor the uninitiated the author has obligingly supplied a definition for the slasher/splatter film: Any motion picture which contains scenes of extreme violence in graphic and grisly detail.... For those film viewers who think this is a good thing and are more likely to select The Texas Chainsaw Massacre than The Remains of the Day, or for those who are t quite sure but are nevertheless drawn to the phantasmagoric, or for those horrified by gratuitous violence and blood for blood's sake but are researching this filmic phemen, this reference book provides all the gory details. From At Midnight I'll Take Your Soul Away to Zombie 2: The Dead Are Among Us, this book is an exhaustive study of the splatter films of the 1960s and 1970s. After a history of the development of the genre, the main meat of the book is a filmography. Each entry includes extensive credits, alternate names and foreign release titles; availability of the film on videocassette; availability of soundtracks and film velization; and reviews. Extensive cross-referencing is also included.
- Author BiographyScott Aaron Stine, publisher of Trashfiend magazine and its predecessor GICK!, has been an avid collector of horror movie memorabilia for many years. He is also the author of The Gorehound's Guide to Splatter Films of the 1980s (2003) and lives in Everett, Washington.
- Author(s)Scott Aaron Stine
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/01/2001
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Weight431 g
- Width154 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $20.16Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $29.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.