All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book, religion reporter Marcia Nelson explores the spiritual dimensions that are prevalent in all aspects of the Oprah Winfrey media empire. Though Oprah is rarely explicitly religious on her television show or in her magazine, Nelson points out that there are several major Christian themes that weave through these aspects of her life and work: confession, redemption, healing, mission, forgiveness, and salvation. Nelson concludes that Oprah is a compelling spiritual teacher in a spiritually eclectic and ever-practical America. This book will appeal both to Oprah fans and people who are fascinated by the intersection of religion and popular culture.
- Author BiographyMarcia Z. Nelson is a religion writer for Publishers Weekly. Her writing has also appeared in The Christian Century, The Utne Reader, and the Chicago Tribune. She is the Midwest correspondent for ReligionLink and a member of the Religion Newswriters Association. She is the author of Come and Sit and The God of Second Chances.
- Author(s)Marcia Z. Nelson
- PublisherWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication29/09/2005
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Series TitleThe Gospel According to...
- Place of PublicationLouisville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight186 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.