All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
About this product
- DescriptionCharismatic renewal has at the core of its ideology an aspiration for revival. This is a laudable aspiration, but in recent years, in the absence of a large-scale evangelistic impact, it has encouraged a faddist mentality among church leaders. The Gospel-Driven Church documents this development and the numerous theological and pastoral distortions that take place when genuine revival fervor transmutes into revivalism. Moreover, Stackhouse aims to show how a retrieval of some of the core practices of the church, such as preaching, sacraments, the laying on of hands, and prayer is essential at this crucial stage in the trajectory of the renewal movement in the United Kingdom. He commends to church leaders a recovery of these means of grace - including Spirit baptism - as a way of keeping the church centered on the gospel rather than mere pragmatic concerns about size and numbers.
- Author BiographyIan Stackhouse is Senior Pastor of Guildford Baptist Church, he is the author of The Day is Yours, The Gospel Driven Church and a contributer to the book, Remembering our Future, he is active in the Deep Church movement in the UK - Editorial Review.
- Author(s)Ian Stackhouse
- PublisherAuthentic Media
- Date of Publication01/09/2004
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleDeep Church
- Place of PublicationCarlisle
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSend The Light
- Weight455 g
- Width203 mm
- Height127 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.