All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSet in the format of the Christian Bible, this 600-page opus is a life guide manual for hip hop followers. Combining classic philosophy with faith and practical kwledge, this is an in-depth exploration of hip hop as a life path by one of its leaders, KRS-One. Kwn as The Teacha, he developed his unique outlook as a homeless teen in Brooklyn, engaging his philosophy of self-creation to become one of the most respected emcees in hip hop history. He painstakingly details the development of the culture and ways in which its future should be preserved.
- Author BiographyKRS ONE is a philosopher, activist, author, lecturer, and emcee. Since founding canonical Hip Hop act Boogie Down Productions in the mid-1980s, he has released a granite-solid catalog of 19 full-length albums, along with a star-studded list of collaborations. In 1988 he founded the Stop the Violence Movement, a collective of artists, activists, educators, and entertainers exploring the roots of violence while working to promote the development of positive conflict resolution methods; he is currently producing an album celebrating the organization s 20th anniversary, with contributions by Nelly, Method Man, Busta Rhymes, The Game, Hakiem Green, Grant Parks, Duane Da Rock Ramos, and many others. KRS ONE is an accomplished public speaker who has delivered lectures at over 500 colleges, universities, and other venues. In addition to The Gospel of Hip Hop, he is the author of The Science of Rap (1995) and Ruminations (Welcome Rain, 2003). Currently, KRS-One is touring the United States with Stop the Violence, urging America s urban centers to seek non-violent conflict resolution over revenge and war.
- PublisherpowerHouse Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication03/12/2009
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintpowerHouse Books,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight853 g
- Width146 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine38 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.