Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $73.96Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $22.08Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $21.74
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.98
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Sharach Bond, who served as the first goverr of Illiis beginning in 1818, to William Ogden, Chicago's first mayor, many powerful men and women have played vital roles in the political life and climate of both Chicago and Illiis. The Goverrs of Illiis and the Mayors of Chicago provides biographies for the state's most important power brokers. In this study, author Bradley W. Rasch explores the history of the state, its politics, and its power brokers and details little-kwn facts about some of the important people: Edward Coles, who served as goverr from 1822 to 1826, was an abolitionist long before it was fashionable. Gov. Joseph Duncan's (1834-1838) major accomplishment was moving the state capital to Springfield. William Ogden is called Chicago's founder and served as the first mayor after its incorporation, which he helped facilitate. Mayor Augustus Garrett served as mayor twice but is best kwn for having his second election invalidated due to fraud. Filled with an interesting array of facts and trivia, The Goverrs of Illiis and the Mayors of Chicago shows how many of the people who served in these positions have gone on to receive national and international acclaim and influence.
- Author(s)Bradley W Rasch
- Date of Publication16/11/2012
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight308 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.