All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $105.99Trending at AU $107.61
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.04
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
About this product
- DescriptionFor more than fifteen years The Graduate School Funding Handbook has been an invaluable resource for students applying to graduate school in the United States or abroad, at the master's, doctoral, and postdoctoral levels. Illuminating the competitive world of graduate education funding in the arts, humanities, sciences, and engineering, the book offers general and specific information in an intelligent, comprehensive, and straightforward manner so that readers can save time and make winning grant and fellowship applications. The authors include detailed descriptions of the types of funding offered graduate students, ranging from tuition scholarships to assistantships, work-study opportunities, and university loan programs. In addition, the handbook thoroughly covers the availability of nationally prominent grants and fellowships through the federal government and private organizations. This revised third edition provides a wealth of additional information and advice and details a number of new grant opportunities including several aimed at women, mirities, and other underrepresented student groups. Covering fellowships and grants for individual training, study abroad, research, dissertations, and postdoctoral work, the book includes useful addresses, deadlines, number of available awards, number of applicants, purpose of grants and restrictions, duration of awards, applicant eligibility, and application requirements. The information is comprehensive, detailed, and current, based on data from funding agencies through interviews, review of application packets, web site information, and the authors' many years of experience in the field.
- Author BiographyApril Vahle Hamel is retired Associate Dean of the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences at Washington University in St. Louis. Jennifer S. Furlong served as Associate Director for Graduate Students in the career services offices of both Columbia University and the University of Pennsylvania. She is coauthor of The Academic Job Search Handbook, also available from the University of Pennsylvania Press.
- Author(s)April Vahle Hamel,Jennifer S. Furlong
- PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Date of Publication20/12/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationPennsylvania
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight354 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.